Sunday, May 13, 2007

Où est le stoke?

Still too sleepy and un-stoked from non-ski-sickness to actually get up and go somewhere on Saturday morning. So decision was made to try again by waking up at a trailhead Sunday morning.

The weather: 30% chance of showers overnight, sounding like it would clear up quickly on Sunday.

It poured rain hard at the Easy Pass trailhead all night. I slept better than I have in weeks in the back of my Subie.

The rain didn't stop until 8. A quick drive up to the pass revealed 5 inches of new wet snow at 5400ft, undoubtedly more higher up (1 inch liquid precip overnight on the sno-tels - bet you weather forecasters never saw that coming). Indecision set in... sure-bet May powder with the "crowds" at Blue Lake col, or significantly-revised original plan? As I drove back and forth changing my mind, the Blue Lake trailhead population of cars tripled.

Significantly-revised original plan eventally won out - but unfortunately the stoke lost out to poor visibility and fresh debris from overnight coming down from unseen heights... blah

Gas is now $3.50 a gallon - but I managed to squeeze 29.5 MPG out of my car, so the trip only cost me $37!

5 comments:

SkiSickness said...

Il pleut comme un vache qui pisse!

Find your stoke, quick!

Anonymous said...

What happened to the Taco?

Lefty said...

El Taco es muerto.

Vincent Payette said...

Correction :

Il pleut a boire debout.

The stoke is weak in me as well.

Jennifer said...

ne pas de stoke...quelle domage.